From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:33:02 -0600
Spreeman, Cathryn wrote:

>"I doubt that many of those folks in Amherst came early to watch the
>Denver game.  But I bet there were more folks in Minneapolis who stayed
>to watch at least most of the Cornell game, than those who came early
>to see Denver out east."
>
>Attendance on Saturday at the Mullins Center:  3,622 *

In all honesty, I would consider 3600 people to be a real
disappointment.  Van Andel had 6500, and Ann Arbor is about as far from
there as Durham is from Amherst, and a farther than Cambridge.  If 3600
is all you can muster, then I think that the east is actually in the
same boat as the west, despite the shorter distances.  Worcester did
well, but by our standards, it's a suburb of Boston.

Also, isn't the Mullins Center a campus site, albeit one for a team that
didn't make the tournament?  It looks to me like the eastern regionals
are not necessarily going to neutral sites.

J. Michael Neal