From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:23:07 -0500
The 1995 championship between Boston University and Maine was
officiated by Hockey East referees Frank Cole and Scott Leavitt with
lineman Bill Jones.  If I recall correctly both coaches asked for a
Hockey East officiating crew and as it was inexpensive and easy to do,
the NCAA agreed.

The 1999 championship game between New Hampshire and Maine
was refereed by Mike Noeth of the ECAC.  I remember talking to
Hockey east commissioner Joe Bertagna after the semifinals and
asking if Hockey East officials would be used like they were in 1995.
He said no, as no HE officials had been assigned to the Frozen Four
and the NCAA was not willing to pay to fly a crew from Boston to
Anaheim.

With two weeks before the Frozen Four I see no reason not the have
WCHA crews assigned to officiate all three games this year (unless one
or more of the coaches opposes it).

Sean Pickett

On 28 Mar 2005 at 17:28, Moller Edward N wrote:

> I seem to recall Hockey East officials used in Anaheim when the final
> was between Maine and New Hampshire.
>
> Edward N. Moller
> Controller and Assistant Treasurer
> Mount Ida College
> 777 Dedham Street
> Newton, MA  02459-3323
> Tel  617-928-4515
> Fax 617-928-4581

Sean Pickett           E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers