From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:02:36 -0700
> "I went after that job with everything I had," Grillo said from Rhode
> Island.
> "Obviously, I have a great deal of love for the university --both my
> wife and
> myself -- and for the area."
>
> "Yes, extremely," Grillo responded when asked if he was disappointed.
> Grillo
> declined to say who had been selected.

I bet the fans of Brown are real happy to see these comments.  :-)

What about the players?  I am sure they are thrilled to see this as
well.  Wonder if they'll go that extra mile in the weight room this
summer?

In a way it is nice to see something different than the typical PC
response, how a coach who is interviewing around always talks about how
they "withdraw their name" and how they love the university that they
are coaching at, blah, blah, blah.

At least Grillo isn't pulling any punches, but to be so disappointed
and going after the coaching position at another ECAC University isn't
going to make any friends at Brown I wouldn't think.

=====
Deron Treadwell -- [log in to unmask]
http://www.blackbears.net