Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:55:11 -0700
I haven't seen the play but based on the descriptions it seems that
perhaps hockey needs to borrow a concept from soccer, which is calling
dangerous play a foul.  One need not read the mind of the player as to
intent, the issue is recklessness.  Having said that I'm sure that the
resulting severe injury was certainly not intended.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC