From:
Duane Berg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Berg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 02:32:10 -0400
UND's Goalie is 5' 7" (at least that is what the program says).

> Not having a program means I couldn't answer the question posed to me:
> How tall is the North Dakota goalie?  Can anyone give me the info?

No, the UND fight song is (recalling from some 42 years ago) is (to the beat
of Tom-Toms):

"Fight on Sioux, we're all for you,
we're thousands of strong and loyal souls;
we know you'll win every game you're in,
no matter how distant the goal;
and as we go, we'll tell everyone,
that we're the strongest tribe between the poles;
we are rough and tough it's true,
but we're sportsmen through and through,
we're the Fighting Sioux from North Dakota U!"

Of course, I can't give you the notes on the internet.
In order to really appreciate it, you needed to hear it in the
old Winter Sports Building back in the late fifties when they were on their
way to their first NCAA championship when John E. Howard was the band
director,
and they had the only skating cheerleaders in the country.

The building was unheated (in ND!), only had seating for about 3500 and
normally had
over 5,000 at the games.  It was terribly loud and probably intimidating to
opposing teams.

> Folks have commented before how tired they grow of "Hail to the Victors"
> after attending a game with the Michigan pep band.  Well, I now wonder
> how long it will take to get "In Heaven there ain't no beer" out of my
> head.  Can someone tell me if that is North Dakota's fight song?  Do
> they have alternate words?  I couldn't tell what they were singing.

> Sara
> SLU '77
> Let's go SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duane Berg