From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 09:19:12 -0400

Tom Rowe wrote:

>I'm not quite ready to concede that HE has become the
>dominant division in hockey.

Certainly "dominance" is an objective thing -- something we can all argue
about forever and not be able to "prove".  But how often has a league had 4
of its teams ranked #1 at different times during the course of the season?
And has a league ever had the final 4 teams it its league tourney ALL ranked
in the top 10 at the time of the tourney (with all 4 of those teams having
the national #1 rank at one point in the season)?

Dominance?  Maybe not, but pretty darn close, don't you think?

   - Steve