From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:03:08 -0600
Rick Sayles wrote:

> I'm a Maine fan and I attended the three overtime game between Maine and
> Michigan in Providence in 1995.  I was sitting near the Michigan pep
> band and had to endure six periods of "Hail to the Victors".  Maine has
> had great success against Michigan in the NCAA's beating them three
> times, so now I think of the tune as "saluting" the Victors - MAINE.

The words to that have been changed in away you can only appreciate if you
were here in FortWorth last night, straddling a hilltop between two
tornadoes, listening to your storm windows shatter and watching
tangelo-sized hail pound your back yard and the outdoor table with the big
maize and blue Block M.  It's now "Hail on the Victors Valiant".

Bob