From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:08:44 -0400
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Slight change in the RS schedule.  Ferris State replaces Niagara on
> 12/12.  USCHO users should check the St. Lawrence schedule to see if
> Niagara and Ferris are sharing a North Country weekend.

USCHO doesn't have 1998-99 schedules available yet.  Most have not been
released yet, and also, we are doing a rewrite of some of the back end
stuff that creates and accesses the schedules and other information
(including moving to an SQL database).  We expect this will enable us to
present some of the information in an improved fashion and also speed up
the accesses, as well as to make it easier for staff members to edit
schedules and scores.  Now is a good time to do the work, and at some point
the new work will be integrated and rolled out.

There is a link on the front page of USCHO which explains a little of this,
and when everything is ready for prime time, a 98-99 schedules link will be
there too.

> Do Niagara and MAAC opponents count in computing the 98-99 PWR and RPI?
> I seem to recall games against "emerging" opponents do not count.

The short answer is, maybe. :-)  I believe Niagara will qualify as a team
that is considered D1 and will play the required 20 games vs D1 opponents.
Many MAAC teams will, too, but some such as AIC and Sacred Heart will still
be considered D2 by the NCAA (although not eligible for the D2 tourney)
since they are in the middle of their two year probationary period while
moving up.

I'm not sure if all of the other six MAAC schools will count in the
PWR/RPI.  My guess is yes.  I'm copying Lee Urton (who clarified much of
this with the NCAA) to see if he can add anything.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****          Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey WCCM 800 AM          *****