From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 17:13:07 -0500
E$PN is a notorious

Consider this comments earlier on this same list:

Why is ANYONE on this list (1) surprised or (2) upset by the ESPN comment
that the hockey final was "the appetizer" for the squeakball game?
(What does that make SportsCenter?  The "breath mint"?)

Or my observation that the SportsCenter summary of the BU-North Dakota
championship was preceded by such notable sports news such as coverage of
sub-.500 NBA teams, and the Dinah Shore women's golf ?  And that they spent
MORE TIME on each of these stories, and that the championship was on their
OWN network ?

No NBA last night, minimal NHL schedule, that's why.  Don't expect it to be
a regular feature.

>Late last nite (11 PM PST) I saw the tail end of a summary of college
>hockey reslts on ESPN Sportcenter.  There was very good tape footage of
>the BC-Prov game and also Notre Dame. Is this typical??  Hve they been
>doing it for a long time, or is it a new feature, or was it a one shot
>deal? Anyone know. Would be nice if it were a reg scheduled event so
>people could know when to tune in.
>
>Tony Buffa

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***