From:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 10:18:58 -0600
>> Subject: Hockey NIT
>> ------------------------------Mr. Baer is quite right; it was 1974 -
>>Vermont's last year in D-II.  Vermont
>was invited after winning the eastern D-II championship (there was no
>national tourney for any division other than D-I at the time).   The NIHT was
>held in Duluth, Minn.  I can recall three of the four teams - Vermont, Lake
>Superior State, and the host team Minn-Duluth.  Vermont beat LSSU by one goal
>(3-2 I think) on a Thursday night (I don't think Frank Cole officiated) and
>played UM-D on Saturday afternoon and got beat 5-3 in a game that was not as
>close as the final score indicated.
>David Ketcham
>UVM - 1978

Having never heard of this before, I thought I would look it up:
(From the UMD Yearbook)
1973-74   (21-16-1)  WCHA-6th
.
.
#*St. Louis U.     W  6-3
#*Vermont          W  7-4

# - National Invitational Hockey Tournament
* - Home Game

That's all I could find.

TF

--
Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                  16-15-1 WCHA, 20-17-1 Overall