From:
paula weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paula weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 22:05:52 -0500
This was a momentous weekend for the Buckeyes.  It's the first time in four
years since the Bucks took a weekend series from a CCHA opponent.  The final
scores:  4-2 Friday night, 7-5 Saturday night.  Randy
Holmes was named CCHA Offensive player of the week.

Just look at those scores again.  The Buckeyes had 11 goals for the weekend,
against very good Alaska-Fairbanks goaltending.  Eleven goals.  I'm
sorry--it's just hard to take in all at once.

The Buckeyes are peaking at the right time--going into the playoffs.  I am
certainly not one to make predictions, but--depending on who they play--they
could very well upset somebody in the first round.  Yes, it's unlikely.  But
let's not forget that they tied Michigan twice this season, and they are one
of only two teams to take a point from the third-ranked Wolverines in Yost
this year.

Now, if only the local media would cover them.  Whatever you think about
Buckeye hockey, every team deserves some coverage.

Also, I just found out for certain that I'm covering the NCAA final four in
Cinci for my publication (Hockey Weekly).  Does anyone have a line on a room?
Paula C. Weston
Girl Reporter