From:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 15:28:48 -0600
> Checco? Checco? Checco? Nick Checco from the Gophers? Has he been playing?
> The class at the U might explain his absense of visibility on the Gophers
> team. It is close to playoff time so he might rejoin the team mentally.
> Maybe he is leaving his best playing on the ice of the P.E. class.

well, i am getting a little tired of hearing about nick checcos class
schedule.  it has been going on now for too long. now, we are criticizing
the way he plays? i guess hockey-l is for those who are too good for
division I hockey. we can just sit around and rip what players we think
are not playing very well. checco is always there ready to play. he is
more effective on the penalty kill than most of the others. when you
listen to the post-game show on KSTP 1500, doug woog has only good things
to say about the way he is playing. he may not put up big points, but he
is preventing them by the way he just lowers his head and plows into
opposing territory while short-handed. he rarely if ever gives up the puck.
if anybody was at the Colorado College series or up
in North Dakota, they will be able to back me up on this point. In fact,
he is one of the only players who showed up in ND. lets just sit back and
enjoy the rest of the season. if nick is taking hockey in phy ed, more
power to him. it is legal. that is all i have to say. thank you.

                                        aaron.