From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 06:36:17 -0700
On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Cheryl A. Morris wrote:

> The US seems to be playing better as the tourney progresses, but I think they
> are light years behind the Swedes and Candians in talent, and probably the
> Czechs as well.  I don't know if the Russians have anyone on their team, but
> I doubt the US squad could handle them as well.

I agree with this assessment, my criticism was their lacklustre
performance against Canada (It would, however, have been a huge upset if
they had beaten them.) and their loss to the Ukraine who they *should*
have beaten.

BTW, the Russians have a 17 year old named Samsonov who is projected #1
in the 1997 draft by some.

> BTW, wasn't Jeff Jackson the coach of the last US junior team?  Has there ever
> been a coach who wasn't from the colleges?

Jackson did coach last year.  I don't know if there are any exceptions,
but traditionally a college coach takes on the job of coaching the juniors.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
GO CANADA!!!