From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 23:14:52 -0400
From Berman post:
>Parker added that he felt that the US should have a full time coach for
>the juniors.  Whatever the merits of this idea (how could a coach be full
>time when except during the tournament there would be no team to coach.)
>the USA team waited until too late to show up.  The Russians play possum
>almost every year, but they do play when it counts.

Perhaps the Juniors should be considered a pre-Olympic "development" squad,
with the "professional" coach moving on in the Torch-years to also coach
the Olympic Team USA.  With experience coaching the younger players, plus
the NHL add-ons (some of whom may have already played in earlier Juniors)
the development of a good Olympic team (with less likelihood of prejudice,
eh, see many earlier posts this week on J Parker) would also result, in
addition to consistency in the Juniors efforts.

As always, however, who would want to sink money into this with very little
direct "reward" especially for commercial interests, and who would want to
take themselves "out of circulation" for what, under my scenario, would
likely be a four-year stint ?

Ah to dream ... perhaps Shawn would do it, yet who would pay what he would
want for salary, to give him a lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

***** Remember, if you can read this, thank your monitor ******

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******