From:
"I*****<[log in to unmask]>*****I This mail is from an EXTERNAL SUPPLIER Please keep this in mind if replying 15-Nov-1995 1538" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I*****<[log in to unmask]>*****I This mail is from an EXTERNAL SUPPLIER Please keep this in mind if replying 15-Nov-1995 1538" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 16:28:42 EST
        There has been a couple of posting stating the crowd was not very vocal
at the BU/Maine game last night.  Also that a lot of the crowd left early. I
made it up to the game with 7 other folks in tow, from the Augusta/Waterville
area (about 80 miles south of Orono. We all thought the crowd was not very
vocal, but the edge seemed to be smoothed by the concern for Travis Roy.  A lot
of folks around us were talking about it and with the collections for Travis
and presenting of the Blackhawk jersey the crowd seemed to get less into the
game.  Another factor for me anyway was that even with the score 3-2 it felt
like it was more 10-2 the way BU was controlling the game.  In fact BU blew
several scoring chances that could have put it away early. I was one of those
who left with 8 mins to play.  The reason was the guy who was driving found
out it was sleeting with freezing rain and whated to beat the traffic under
those conditions.  I can't blame him when we left the rink it was very bad with
in ten mins it was just rain though.
        As for the game on a whole BU's defensemen did a great job. They are
big, strong very good skaters and really contained Maine. One forward for BU
impressed me more then anyone on the team and that was number 19 Walsh. I'm
not sure this guy had a point, but he was my vote for first star. He's not
big but what a player. He really did a lot on the ice and he really frustrated
the Maine players... or so it seemed to me.  What's this guys stat's?
        I think and hope Maine will improve with time they are a young team
but BU is without a doubt the best and I don't think BU had a good night so
that's saying something.
        One last point... I was setting next to the Band which is near the BU
player tunnel.  Down by the gate was a guy with a Maine warm-up jacket on. He
was watching the game from the door the BU team comes out and went in the
tunnel with the BU team and came out with the BU team.  I sware this guy was
Barry Clukey.  Did anyone else who was at the game notice him?  Is Barry back
with Maine and just a doorman?  Or is Barry now at BU and working as a scout?
I'm sure this was Barry and a couple of other folks from Waterville thought
for sure it was him.