From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 20:39:05 -0500
Michigan Tech spanked the hopeless sounding (I was listening on AM 1500
KSTP) Gophers 5 - 2. The Huskies controlled the tempo of the game and won
relatively easily, especially after a goal on a steal and breakaway and an
open net goal in the 3rd.

AS USUAL, the gophers made their opponent's goaltender look
BBBBBBRILLIANT. Gopher's much touted goalie Steve DeBus fizzled in his
first appearance. The gophs forwards had many great chances but couldn't
cash in.

I'm sure the gophs will adjust and fine tune this coming week as they
prepare for CC. It sounded like rookies Eric Rassmussen and Reggie Berg
had good series but freshmen Mike Anderson and Wyatt Smith were largely
ineffective. But they're freshmen so I'll cut them some slack.

Gopher big men Bonnin, Kraft, Crowley and Trebil didn't provide their
needed offensive contribution, so, surprise! The gophers lose big.