From:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 10:41:20 -0500
In every sport players will be abused by fans. If the players are
seriously affected by this they should get out.  Yell all you want, just
don't throw crap on the ice.  It's part of the home ice advantage.  Just
go to a Minnesota vs St. Cloud State game at St. Cloud.  They have more
obscenities in organized cheers than I have ever heard.  It may be rude,
but it is part of the home ice advantage.  I can take that as long as
fans refrain from throwing stuff on the ice.  I was at the Minn/UND game
up in Grand Forks where numerous all sport bottles were tossed on the
ice after the game.  So let them yell, just don't let them throw.

Ryan Bowman
University of Minnesota