From:
Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:52:05 -0500
Earlier this summer, Bowdoin women's ice hockey player Hannah Core '97
died in a drowning accident. Some of you asked me to post additional
information once I had it. Following is a letter to the campus community
from Acting Dean of Student Life Karen R. Tilbor:

To Members of the Bowdoin College Community:

With great sadness I write to inform you of the death of Hannah Whitmore
Core, Bowdoin Class of 1997. Hannah died on July 13 as a result of a
drowning while at a family gathering on the San Juan Islands off the coast
of Washington.

Hannah, a neuroscience major, was a dean's list student and a member of
the Bowdoin Women's Ice Hockey Team. She was also active in the recycling
program and other environmental activities. She had planned to study away
this semester at Harvard University.

Contributions to the Bowdoin College Women's Ice Hockey Team will be
accepted in Hannah's honor for the development of an annual award to the
team member who best represents the enthusiasm, hard work, and commitment
for which Hannah will be remembered. Checks should be made payable to
Bowdoin College and mailed to Michael Woodruff, Women's Ice Hockey Coach,
Athletics Department, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine 04011.

Hannah's friends have organized a memorial service to occur on September 4
at 3:00 p.m. in Dayton Arena. A reception in the Pub will follow.

I have expressed to the Core family the sympathy of the Bowdoin Community
and informed them of the service. I hope many of you will be able to attend.

Sincerely,

Karen R. Tilbor
Acing Dean of Student Life

(end of letter)

| Craig Cheslog                |  Internet: [log in to unmask]  |
| Bowdoin College              |  America Online: [log in to unmask]    |
| Sports Information Director  |  Voice: 207-725-3254 FAX: 207-725-3003 |