From:
"Jennifer L. Iwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer L. Iwen
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 10:49:23 -0600
Paul Barber writes:
I agree.  I've been to games where the opposing goaltender is having a
spectacular game, stopping all the shots.  Then after going down 6-0 and
the goalie lets in a meaningless goal that he had no chance in stopping,
the Wisconsin fans start the sieve chant.  At first I thought those fans
were really mean, however I have come to realize they just have no
hockey sense.  They really don't know what they are chanting.  It's the
only cheer they know except "Let's go Red!", which in opposing arenas
gets quickly changed to "Go home Red!", yet they still start that one
also!?!?!?

"No hockey sense?" Surely a generalization such as that is unfair to Badger
fans... I know *plenty* of knowledgable Badger hockey fans, as well as some
not-so-knowledgable ones. The same goes for fans of any team. And when did
logic and good sense become part of rooting for a team? :) It's *just* a cheer.
It doesn't need to be psychoanalyzed.