From:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 01:23:12 -0500
The Harvard men's hockey team ended its regular season Saturday night
with a 5-4 loss to the first-place Clarkson Golden Knights at the Bright
Center.  I'll let someone else post the details (Richard?).  I just
wanted to say that I thought this was a very exciting and entertaining
game between two teams who like to play a very open game emphasizing
quick skating and passing, which I find more enjoyable to watch than
up-against-the-boards, clutch and grab type games.  I thought the Crimson
performed better than they have in a long time. In fact, I would take
their performance in this game over that of Friday night's win over the
Saints.  Even when Clarkson held a 3-0 lead, I felt that Harvard was very
much still in the game.  Sure enough, they rolled off four unanswered
goals to take the lead.  Clarkson, however, put the brakes on the
Crimson's momentum by playing some inspired hockey of their own and
turning the game back around.  Nonetheless, I can't help but feel good
about Harvard's chances in the playoffs if they can keep this up (and
also work on their power play a bit).

I'm really looking forward to next weekend's series with the Engineers.
They seem to be in sort of a slump lately, but you never know what's
going to happen whenever these two teams get together.

Interesting factoid: the Crimson has split with every ECAC opponent this
season except Cornell (Harvard won both) and Colgate (a win and a tie).

Tony
GO CRIMSON!!
Lake Placid or Bust!