Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 90 18:45:25 EDT
 From the article I excerpted this morning:

 John Gilbert said: "And Cornell, bristling with talent, might overcome its
 enigmatic tendencies and move up."

 Arthur Mintz comments:
 >I'd love to know what Mr. Gilbert means by the Big Red's "enigmatic
 >tendencies". Any ideas?

 Well, although I do not know John Gilbert personally, I believe that he is
 quite well known for his wry sense of humor.  It is also difficult for me to
 guess at the meaning not knowing what Cornell's record was like last season.
 Were they somewhat inconsistent? Did they peak too soon? Something in their
 performance was puzzling in some way.  Perhaps there is someone else out
 there with an opinion on this????(Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.)
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO GOPHERS!!!