From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 07:59:00 EST
Former Maine Black Bear Jim Montgomery...one of the best
collegiate players I've had the pleasure of seeing (although
I wasn't thinking that when Maine was beating Michigan :-)...
has been claimed on waivers by the Philadelphia Flyers.
Montgomery, a Montreal native, was with the Montreal Canadiens.

I'm sure this went over big (NOT!) in Montreal, who traded
their beloved captain Guy Carbonneau to obtain Montgomery.

Boo on the Canadiens...I was looking forward to seeing
Montgomery spend several years with the Habs.

John H
U Mich
Fwiw...I'd vote (Hobey) for Brian Holzinger