From:
S Asif Husain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Asif Husain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 1994 12:30:25 -0400
I've got one big question.

I've been reading a few different publications over that past weeks, and
in every one of them, Landon Wilson is picked to be "Mr. Everything" by
the writers.  All-American, All-WCHA, WCHA MVP, etc.  Also, Ryan Johnson
(younger brother of Greg) is expected to be Freshman of the year (wasn't
Landon Fresh. o.t. Yr. last year?).  I know of a few other players they
have that are supposed to be pretty good.  The goaltending situation
isn't great yet, but my bro. saw them again Northeastern last week, and
said they (Sioux) played pretty well in a loss.

My question is, how can most people admit that they have these great
players and then STILL pick them to be last in the WCHA??  I know 2
players don't make the whole team, but I know there is more to the Sioux
than that.  My prediction:  look for them to finish somewhere in the
middle of the pack (5-6).

The WCHA should be scarred of the Sioux.  If all of these great players
stay with the team, they will be the team to be reconned with next year,
and for sure in two years.  Also, I bet they end up messing up the
season for a few of the predicted top teams this year.  Dean Blais is
the master of recruiting.  And over the past few years, he has toned his
skills as a coach.  Although I and other Sioux fans dearly miss Gino, he
wouldn't have been as succesful if Dean hadn't provided him with all
that great talent over Gino's 15 year reign as Sioux head coach.  Let's
go Sioux.

Just my $.02 worth as a BIG Sioux fan.

Asif

P.S.  Enough of all this Gopher hype.  How long has it been since they've
      actually won it all (1979 I think)???  Seems to me they always choke
      in the NCAA's.