From:
"A.J. Scheetz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A.J. Scheetz
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 12:07:01 -0400
I don't think that this has been poster previously but if so, sorry.
LSSU 1994-1995 mens hockey schedule.

10-21   vs Norther Mich.        7pm
10-22   vs Mich. Tech           7pm
10-28   at Notre Dame           7pm
10-29   vs Notre Dame           7pm     at the Palace of Auburn Hills
11-4    at Mich State           7pm
11-5    at Mich.                7pm
11-18   vs Ohio St.             7pm
11-19   vs UIC                  7pm
11-25   at Vermont              7pm
11-26   at St. Lawrence         7pm
12-2    at Western Mich.        7pm
12-3    at Mich. State          7pm
12-9    vs Ferris St.           7pm
12-10   vs Ferris St.           7pm
12-28   at Northeastern         TBA     Badger Showdown
12-29   at TBA                  TBA     Badger Showdown
1-6-95  vs Canadian Nationals   7pm
1-7     at Ferris St.           7pm
1-9     vs Mich. State          7pm
1-13    vs Michigan             7pm
1-14    vs Michigan             7pm
1-20    at Miami                7pm
1-21    at Miami                7pm
1-27    vs Notre Dame           7pm
1-28    vs Miami                7pm

Taken from the Laker Log, the Alumni letter. In an article they also list
other dates to remember, incuding the CCHA championship at the Joe 2-17 and
2-18 and the NC$$ Championship 2-30 thru 3-1 in Providence RI. I guess
They're expecting the Lakers to be at both. I hope that's not too arrogant!

In another article they report some coaching changes for the Lakers. Ron
Rolston (I don't know if this is a relation) has been promoted to associate
head coach, filling the post vacated by Paul Pooley who is now the head
coach for Providence College. The article includes a photo of Rolston. Man
this guy looks young! His duties will include the day-to-day operation of
the program when Jeff Jackson is absent. Rolston is also the cheif
recruiter and in charge of working with struggling players. In another
coaching move the Lakers have rehired former Laker player Jim Roque as an
assistant coach. Jackson says "He knows the system, knows the players and
he bleeds Laker blue. Between Jim and Ron, nobody will outwork our staff."

One final note to just give you folks an idea of what life at Lake State is
like, In advertising the upcoming Alumni weekend there's a brief
discription of the newly renovated Brady Hall (the male freshman dorm,
there is no coed housing at LAke State). Begin Quote:

        Brady Hall will host an open house. This former barracks has been
refurbished and now includes a number of conveniences including cable TV
hook-ups in each room, individual room tempurature controls and new
furniture.
        There's even a place to process fish and game... remember the big
smelt-cleaning sessions behind Brady?

End Quote

Cheers
AJ