From:
"Arthur C. Mintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur C. Mintz
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 1994 14:23:07 -0400
>In the list of ECHL players which Bri Farenell compiled (Thanks, Bri!),
>he has Joe Dragon of Huntsville as being a Cornell alum.  Can anyone
>verify that this is indeed the same player who used to be a center
>for Cornell who graduated in '92?  The reason I ask is that The Hockey
>News has him listed as a defenseman, and the Joe Dragon of Cornell
>was on the small side (about 5'8" if I remember correctly).  Bri
>probably got his info from a previous post of mine, in which I mentioned
>that I had seen Dragon's name in THN and thought it was probably
>the Cornellian.  At that time, I think he was with another team
>(Greensboro maybe?) and I don't remember him listed on defense.

It is indeed the same Joe Dragon who graduated from Cornell in '92. Joe was
in town for the Cornell hockey alumni reunion a few weeks ago, and regaled
us with stories about what it was like to play in Huntsville. One of his
teammates with Huntsville was classmate Dave Burke (who didn't make it into
Brian's list, for whatever reason).

Joe won't be playing hockey next year (at least not professionally), as he
is returning home to the Northwest Territories to put his degree in natural
resources to use working for the provincial government.

Arthur C. Mintz          [log in to unmask]          (607) 255-1487
Senior Project Leader
Cornell Information Technologies / Information Resources

"Never confuse motion with progress."