From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 21:49:40 EST
Another blow-out in Columbus. 2 or 3 of Westerns goals come on 2 on 1 breaks
where and OSU defenseman had pinched in to keep the puck in the attacking zone
but allowed the puck to get by him.  Each time, no one rotated back on defense
and WMU got a 2 on 1 and converted.  Western led 4-1 after one, but only
outshot OSU by 2, 17-15.  OSU had a lot of chances to score in that opening
period, but once again, found a way to make goalie Craig Brown look like an
All-American by hitting him in the chest even when there was plenty of open net
to shoot at . I don't know if he had to move to make a save all night. :-)

OSU tries to go 0 for '93 tomorrow night against Michigan.  They have now lost
12 straight since tying WMU 4-4 in January and are 0-16-1 since the beginning
of the year.

In the two important games of the eveing...Michigan had Kent well in hand (4-0
after two?...I can't remember exactly) and Miami was in a tight one at FSU,
leading 1-0 after 2.

Dave