From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 21:19:42 -0400
Greg Ambrose wrote:

> The other bone I have to pick, and I know I will get mail on this
> one, is with Paul Kariya's selection as the player of the 80's and
> 90's in the East.

Since the All-Time Teams all listed the players and then one seaon
which they played (most likely their *best* season, except for Chris
Terreri [see my earlier comments]), I think that the voting may have
been based only using a player's best single season.  If this is
true, then Paul is a valid choice for player of the 80's and 90's.

However, I do agree with Greg that the players of teh Decades, along
with the coaches of the Decades, *should* be based on a players or
coaches entire career (or which was in those decades).  For a
complete career I agree that Paul Kariya might not be the best choice
for East Player of the the Decades of the 80's and 90's.

So, who about we Hockey-Ler's all vote for our choices?  I would be
willing to tabulate the results, so if you wish to vote, e-mail me.
I people are interested, I think there should be a few Hockey-L
rules:

1. All votes must be received by 1 April.  That gives everyone a month
(almost).
2. Please only vote in catergories that you have knowledge and/or
experience.
3. Please read my notes for each catergory and follow them.

GREATEST TEAMS
  List your top three choices for East, West and Overall Teams and
season

FAVORITE TEAMS
  List your top three favorite East, West and Overall Teams and season

FAVORITE PLAYERS
  List your top three favorite East, West and Overall players for
their entire career

BEST PLAYERS
  List your top three best East, West and Overall players for
their entire career

FAVORITE COACHES
  List your top three favorite East, West and Overall coaches for
their entire career

BEST COACHES
  List your top three best East, West and Overall coaches for
their entire career

PLAYERS OF THE DECADES
  List your top three best East, West and Overall players for
their entire career in the following decades:
50's and before
60's
70's
80's
90's

COACHES OF THE DECADES
  List your top three best East, West and Overall coaches for
their entire career in the following decades:
50's and before
60's
70's
80's
90's

26 PLAYER ALL-TIME TEAMS
  I will only tabulate votes for this catergory if you give me
information as to how long you have followed college hockey and how
much knowledge you have.
  List your best all time teams for East, West and Overall (if you
really can).  List 3 goalies, 10 defensemen and 13 forwards, plus
five coaches.

ALL-DECADE TEAMS
  I will only tabulate votes for this catergory if you give me
information as to how long you have followed college hockey and how
much knowledge you have.
  List your best all-decade teams for East, West and Overall (if you
really can).  List 3 goalies, 6 defensemen and 9 forwards, plus three
coaches for the following decades:
50's and before
60's
70's
80's
90's

BEST UNIFORMS
  List your top three favorite East, West and Overall uniforms and
season(s) worn

BEST NICKNAMES
  List your top three favorite East, West and Overall nicknames, past
or present

BEST ARENAS
  List your top three best East, West and Overall arenas in the
following catergories as a fan:
Past
Present
All-Time
and as a player (if applicable):
Past
Present
All-Time

TOUGHEST ARENAS TO VISIT
  List your top three toughest East, West and Overall arenas to visit
in the following catergories as a fan:
Past
Present
All-Time
and as a player (if applicable):
Past
Present
All-Time

TOUGHEST ROAD TRIP
  List your top three toughest East, West and Overall road trips to
in the following catergories:
As a fan
As a player

Again, if you wish to take part, e-mail me your votes before 1 April.
 I will hopefully post the results sometime in early April, if there
are enough responses.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html