Sender:
From:
Paul Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 18:22:18 EST
I agree that 4-4 and 3-3 hockey can be exciting, so I am disapointed that
college hockey has gone in the opposite direction of the NHL in its attempt
to entertain.  And I also agree that we should not be penalizing talented
teams.  I hope the  NCAA brings it back with the rule that if a team was on a
5-4 power play, that they could not instigate a fight, only to get into a
more beneficial 4-3 situation.  In this case the coincidental penalties would
not result either side losing a player.