Sender:
From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 1994 11:36:44 -0500
I managed to listen to the end of the NMU-ND game (NMU 2 ND 3) after
getting home from the MTU game: Apparently, Northern doesn't start
classes until next week. The team is still showing the effects of
Xmas break and didn't play exceptionally well. I was impressed by
North Dakota's goalie, Toby Kvalevog, who played well when he was at
MTU during early December. From what I could tell from the play by
play, he did a superb job last night as well.

I also watched the last 2 periods of the LSSU-UM game on tape delay
feed from the satellitel. If anyone wants to watch college hockey at
its best, this is the game. LSSU and UM are well matched talented
teams. Based on the games that I have seen both teams play (UM
against OSU, Un of Minn, and the GLI series) and the Lakers (against
Notre Dame and MTU), we are in for an outstanding ending to the season
in the CCHA. My guess is that Hoby Baker should go to David Oliver.

While I have not seen every team in the nation play, from those that
I have seen (including Harvard, RPI, Providence, Maine, all of the
WCHA and most of the CCHA) I have got to believe that UM and the
Lakers deserve to be 1-2.

Walt Olson