Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 13:47:40 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
I will not dispute that mistakes were made with Ingraham and Tory.
But to lump Imes, Kariya, and the Ferraros into that argument is
unfair.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are saying that
Imes, Kariya, and the Ferraros should not be allowed to play
for Olympic team and come back to Maine.  And they are only doing
so because of some underhanded tatics by U. Maine.  To the best of
my knowledge, college hockey players have always been allowed to
return to their team, after the Olympics, assuming they didn't
sign a pro contract and still had some remaining eligibility.
Therefore, is not a clever, illegal scheme created by U. Maine,
but a long standing practice.
                                Matt G.