Sender:
From:
Ian Josh Greenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1993 19:33:15 GMT
In light of Kariya and the Ferraro's, I don't think UMaine is doing anything wrong.  Two years ago, there was an Olympics with collegiate hockey players and I didn't hear anyone(especially in the ECAC) complaining about Ted Drury leaving Harvard for a season.  I am not sure if Drury did the same thing that Kariya is doing(playing for a semester, before the Olympics begin).  Kariya is within his rights to play for a semester, leave for a semester and then return.  He will lose a semester of eligibility unless he petitions the NCAA.  So he is not doing anything illegal.  The NCAA is aware of Kariya and aware that he is leaving.  Hell the whole country is awate of the Kariy situation.  This is my 2 cents.

The situation with Jeff Tory is completely different.  That actually may have been a violation of the rules.  That( and the Cal Ingraham situation) is the only thing Maine deserves to be critisized about.

Oh and Hi Mr. Bracco!
--
                       XXXXXXXXXX
                    X              X