Sender:
From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 23:30:54 -0500
The Penn State Icers completed the first half of the 8-game Atlantic
Collegiate Hockey League schedule in impressive fashion, bludgeoning West
Chester (PA) 16-1 on Friday and defeating Delaware 6-1 on Saturday.

The only notes I have on Friday's games (I was not in attendance) were that
Dave Raymer picked up a hat trick for the Icers, and that Penn State led the
Golden Rams 9-1 after the first period...

On Saturday, Penn State got out to a quick start, scoring twice in the first
four minutes of play.  The Blue Hens would cut the lead to one about midway
through the third, but the Icers would score twice more in the period, and
led 4-1 after one.

Delaware came out a bit stronger in the second period, as both teams played
excellent defense.  Penn State often found itself on the short end of a few
penalties (some deserved, some not), including three 5-on-3s, but the Hens
just couldn't quite take advantage, and the score was still 4-1 after two.

The only scoring of the third period came on two goals late in the game by
Penn State to make the final 6-1.  Dennis Magulick picked up the win for
the Icers.  Delaware lost its second game of the year, and both losses have
been at the hands of the Icers.  Penn State is now 7-1-0 on the season, 4-0-0
in the ACHL and in first place.

Penn State takes off for Chicago this weekend for the Chicago Classic
Tournament Fri.-Sun.  The sixth-ranked Icers will play three of the top five
teams in the ACHA.  On Friday, Big Ten rival (OK, so the Big Ten doesn't have
it's own hockey conference, so sue me :) and second ranked Illinois will be
the opponent, followed on Saturday by the fifth-ranked Iowa State Cyclones.
Then, on Sunday, it's the long awaited rematch with #1 and defending ACHA
champion North Dakota State, the only team to beat the Icers last season.  I
will be here over Thanksgiving weekend, but I don't know if I'll be able to
post results due to strange computer lab hours, so bear with me....

 *       Jeremy Hall          [log in to unmask]          Penn State Univ.     *
 *                CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS: 1993 ECAC CHAMPIONS               *
 *                            PENN STATE ICERS:                              *
 *         1992-93 ATLANTIC LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON & TOURNAMENT CHAMPS        *
 *     LET'S GO TECH!!!!                                LET'S GO ICERS!!     *