Sender:
From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1993 05:23:17 GMT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
Just some observations after the game was over.

First off let me say I saw about 10 minutes of the game.

1) The defensive situation is worsening.  Brad Layzell is getting at least
30 minutes per game with Bartell sitting out.  While the defensemen have
put their heart and soul into it, there is only so much ice time you
can get and not be tired.
   What about Mike Rolanti? He seemed fine to me when I met him after the
game. And then dressing Maye as a defensemen and not getting him a shift?
Even for a short spell.

2) Why was Little starting last night? 3 games in 5 nights for Little.
I was almost positive Tamburro was going to get the start seeing as how
Little was shaky this entire weekend, and that it would the 3rd game in
5 nights.  Again, Neil was shaky, and he LOOKED tired.

3) Why do the Engineers insist on being a team of finesse players?
Let's see, hold the puck, look to thread the pass and get a ppretty goal.
It has not worked so far. Take a look at last night's game. Where was
Matthews when he scored the goal? Out front. A rebound banger.

4) Where is the man out front? On a power play or on 5 on 5, where is the
man out front? The man who can put in the rebound off of a point shot or
just a guy for a screen? How can you expect to score when the goalie can see
the point shot clear as day?

5) Stay out of the penalty box! Too many roughing and intereference calls
for the Engineers.  Especially from the big guys. Majic, Askew, Pasco,
Regan, these guys have to stay out of the box.

6) Utilize the team speed! Instead of coming into the zone and peeling into the
corner, take it and cut towards the goal. The team speed will wither give you
a good shot, or draw a penalty. This is exactly what SLU did on Saturday
evening. And it paid off. It happened once last night where Askew drove the
net and got the penalty call.

I am not taking anything away from UNH, they played a fantastic game last
night and Cavicchi was great, but the Engineers should have made it
a better game, instead a lot of the crowd went home indisgust.

Well, it's off to Orono for Thanksgiving.  Hey anyone in the area for
the break, come on by and say Hi at Alfond, and perhaps someone can clue
me in on what to do for the weekend.

I'll post my thoughts on the BG-RPI game coming up sometime next week.

BTW, good meeeting you at the game last night Nick.

*  Jayson Moy RPI '89 '93       * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer    *
*  [log in to unmask]                 * Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball  *
*  The "J Man"                  * on Crystal Clear FM Radio, 91.5FM WRPI, Troy*