Sender:
From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 17:12:57 EST
> Player 1 from Team A takes a minor penalty at 13:00.
> Player 1 from Team B takes a minor penalty at 13:30.
> Player 2 from Team B takes a minor penalty at 14:30.
>
> Team A (now on a powerplay) scores at 14:55.
>
> Remaining penalty times are:
>
> Team A:  0:05
> Team B:  0:35
>          1:35
>
> The question:  Which of B's penalties is wiped out?  If possible, I would
> love a specific reference to the applicable rule in the NC$$ rulebook.

The penalty that made the team short-handed would be wiped out, in
this case the second team B penalty. The teams would skate 4 a side
for 5 seconds, then team A would have a 30 second power play.

If a team is short-handed by more than 1 man, the penalty with the
least amount of time remaining is wiped out.  For example, if team A
had scored five seconds later at the expiration of their penalty, the
first team B penalty would be wiped out giving team A another 1:30 on
the power play.

Pete Kester