Sender:
From:
Daniel Kheel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1993 19:14:48 -0500
John's letter on Hockey-L brought up a question I have after the Cornell game:

Is it an AUTOMATIC penalty  (Delay of Game, 2:00) if a goaltender "clears"
a puck into the crowd?
I know in the NHL it is. However, in the Cornell-Western Ontario game, the
WO goaltender put the puck into the stands and a penality was not called.
Apparently, this happened in the UM-LSSU game as well. Is this just bad
penality calling or is the rule different in college?

Dan Kheel '94
Cornell has a two game win streak!!!!

p.s. If you want your son to be a goaltender, don't name him Richard.