Sender:
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:10:52 -0400
8bit
From:
Matt Bigley <[log in to unmask]>
To add to the list, I thought the games were relatively well officiated,
although last night there were to bad calls that should not have happened at
a Championship.  The one may seem a little picky, but there was an icing
against BC that was waved off because the lines thought that the goalie had
played it, when he clearly played it after it crossed the goal line.  This
could have been a big deal in a one goal game.

The much more egregious one was the boarding call for 2 minutes with less
than 4 minutes to play in the 3rd that was called against BC.  This was
CLEARLY a 5 and a game hit from behind, no questions asked. Shegos didn't
have the balls to make the right call and it nearly bit him.  Had BC scored
to tie it up at 19:59, this would have been a debacle.  The absolute right
call was for a 5 minute major which may have taken BC out of the game, but
context isn't a consideration.  He didn't have the guts to make the right
call in a big game at a critical moment.  I lost a lot of respect for Shegos
with that poor call.