Sender:
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:56:11 -0500
From:
Arik Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Searching IMDB for college hockey movies, I stumbled across this hidden gem,
which actually won the Canadian Special Jury Prize fro outstanding
documentary in 2004.  It's not about college hockey, but who wouldn't want
to see this.  Click the link for what's got to be one of my favorite movie
posters of all time.  Perfectly captures the beer league ethos.

http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410214/Ss/0410214/imdbcheifposter.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0410214

Les Chiefs:
This is the true story of five brawling hockey players, who live in the back
of a hockey arena and fight their way to heroic status in the most violent
league in the world. One by one our heroes begin to crumble against their
worst foes - themselves. Les Chiefs is a real-life account of men fighting
to remain boys.

User Review:
*A hilarious yet down to earth documentary.*, 4 November 2005
[image: 10/10]
Author: jdeboer-1 <http://imdb.com/user/ur7732934/comments> from Canada

I saw the cover of this film and immediately started laughing being a hockey
player myself and seeing 5 players in the penalty box. I read the back and
decided to pick this one up. On the way home I couldn't wait to watch this
film and started watching it right away. THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!! The story
of a hockey team full of goons... These guys come from all over the place to
play in Laval. Guys trying to make it in the pros. The film is packed with
so many fights, after you watch it you want to fight somebody. The film is
set up beautifully with lots of scenery shots and interviews that make you
second guess these goons and best of all after you watch this film you
actually feel good about it. Its weird how documented violence can make you
feel good but it does in this film. Overall this film is unbelievable and I
highly recommend it. 10 out of 10.