Sender:
From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 04:01:07 -0400
Interesting weather for our week in Columbus ...

Mon-Wed will be generally good weather in the 60's,
Thursday mid-50's with chance of thunder showers,
Friday good with a high of 49,
Saturday good with high of 51 (changed from 43 and rain not long ago!),
and Sunday cloudy with high of 53.

Not bad, considering it's snowing there as I write this!

I've been one to complain about Columbus being more oriented to
residents than travelers, but there are some interesting things, I
think. Perhaps others can add their takes ...

* The Nationwide Arena area downtown seems good for those that like city
life (http://shopcitycenter.com/) (S of arena).

* Free skate at the arena Friday late afternoon/early evening.

* There's the Easton Town Center (shopping mail) N of the Port Columbus
airport (E of arena).

* The Columbus Zoo web site (http://colszoo.org/) seems good (N of arena)

* There are Wright Brother museums in Dayton, perhaps an hour drive away
(W of Columbus)

* I think I've heard tell of a  minor league hockey game in Cleveland on
Friday (N of Columbus)

So from here, it looks like my family will be spending Friday downtown
(lets me attend the uscho/hobey/etc events) and Saturday at the Zoo.
How about you?

cheers, wayne

P.S. I just canceled a reservation at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, just a
short way from Schottenstein/Value City arena, and Crown Plaza downtown
in favor of making airport connections a little easier.  Each place is
sold out, so maybe they now have 1 room left for you?! ;-)