Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:58:23 -0600
7bit
From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Sean Pickett wrote:

>Here are the hockey sites for the next two years.  I believe that all are
>200x85.

Each of the next two years, we have interesting tests out west.  Next
year, we'll see how Green Bay does.  My speculation is that it will be
fine if Wisconsin goes there, though they aren't the host, so nothing is
guaranteed, and that it will be disaster if they aren't.

The next year, we'll see if a regional can generate enough interest to
justify an NHL size arena in Denver.  I suspect that the break even for
number of tickets sold is a lot higher than it is in smaller venues, and
higher still compared to campus sites.

If these two regionals fail, then not only are any regionals going to be
at campus sites, most of them are going to be on the big ice surface,
since the largest WCHA areans, other than North Dakota, also have
Olympic (or near Olympic, in the case of Madison) ice.

J. Michael Neal