Sender:
From:
Anthony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:10:45 -0800
Hi All,

Bill makes some important points about the ECACHL. (please stop me if
all you folks want to do is talk about the WCHA dominance!) .... being
out here on the left coast, I am not privy to all the details, so maybe
someone could answer the following:

1) Does the ECACHL have any official, or unofficial, or any type at all,
connections to the ECAC?
2) Are they tied to the dumb acronym name? Why not make a clean break
and call it ECHA?
3) Any chance they could convince the Ivies to start earlier and go up
to 32 or 34 games? I think that is very important for the image of the
league, and I would hope the Ivy coaches themselves would push for it.
It is nt so much the number of games, but they don't start practicing
and playing until the rest of the nation has been playing for weeks.
Either you play D-I or you don't, IMO.

With 3 berths this year, the ECACHL was 3rd out of 6, not too bad. One
would hope that eventually, each of the six leagues would get 2-3 per
year with an occasional 4.  I hope the ECACHL realizes its past image
and on-ice problems and is working to fix them.

Cheers,
Tony Buffa
RPI '64