Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:50:35 -0600
7bit
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
This leads us to David's question from yesterday:

> If you were the commissioner, and wanted to make your league "the best",
> what could you -- as the commissioner, or as the league do?

The commissioner could coordinate his/her league's schedule to facilitate
scheduling non-conference games.  That's a tough task, because getting the
teams in a conference to agree on a schedule is like herding cats.  But that's
how a commissioner could help a league improve.

I don't think any feasible solution will involve reducing the number of league
games, for all the obvious reasons.

-- Erik