Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:42:15 -0500
From:
BrianMorris <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
I think the selection of Amherst and Worcester wasn't one of the more
intelligent moves by the NC$$ siting group.  Having two regionals
within an hour of each other necessarily impacts on the attendance.
For you westerners that would be akin to having the west and midwest
regionals at Colorado Springs and Denver.  I doubt that those venues
with their nice new arenas would be able to attract much a crowd in
that situation.

The other big problem was the teams playing.  UNH has a sizable
following, but as Albany knows,  you need one of the other big draws,
like Maine, BU, Cornell, Vermont, even RPI (what a crowd we brought in
"95!) to make your site a success.

Brian Morris