Sender:
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:14:38 -0500
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
To: Kepler <[log in to unmask]>
> [CJ] Young's achivement was the single Greatest individual feat in hockey
> history.  ... maybe Rich[ard] H. take over for me in defense of a Crimsonite?
> I'm feeling a little ill... ;-)
Well Greg considering CJ's incredible linemates, even on the penalty kill,
I have to think there's room for another candidate or three.  Say perhaps
Kenny Dryden at Cornell?  Unfortunately for me, I was in the Midwest at
that point in time so I can't relate the experiences I'm positive
happened.

For me, team and line play are always more interesting.  Having said that,
I do remember a stunning individual performance by Lane MacDonald for
Harvard during the first night of a two-game toal goal NC$$ series with
Bowling Green, at Bright.  The ever warp driven Lane was at the upper
limits that evening as there were times when the Bowling Green defensive
pair couldn't exchange passes in their own zone, as superLane would
intercept the attempt.  It was the most impressive performance by one
player I have seen.

Now Geraldine Heaney of Team Canada Women has made a few moves that I
still don't believe were possible, but that's another topic.

tafn -Richard

/
 good shooting
 hungerf