Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 17:12:38 -0800
7bit
From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Dave Geringer wrote:

> Joe LaCour wrote:
> >
> >Can Clymer be medically redshirted??  I seem to recall if you play less
> >than X or X% of your team's games you can ask the NCAA for a medical
> >redshirt.
> >
> >Joe

>         The NCAA rule is that you can play no more than 20 per cent of your
> team's scheduled contests, all within the first 50 per cent of the
> schedule, and must miss the remainder of the year due to an injury.

This happened to Boston University's Dave Sacco.  He got uninjured under
a similar time frame his freshman year and received a medical redshirt.
His career statistics show that his senior season, when he earned
All-American honors, was his fifth as a Terrier.

Chris O'Sullivan, who matriculated to BU during the spring semester,
suffered an injury in his first game, which was played in January.  He
received a medical redshirt as well.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller