Sender:
From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 12:10:38 -0600
Charlie Dash posted something recently which got me to thinking.  I
think the proper place for polls is on hockey-l, not info-hockey-l.  For
me, info is about game stats, who beat who, extended box scores and the
like.  But a poll is about opinion and opinion is grist for the
discussion mill, not just information.

Figuring out which information should be sent to which list is not easy.
However, as far as I am concerned, polls, whether generated by formula
or by opinions are an integral part of the college hockey scene and how
are you going to discuss something when you aren't receiving the
information?

Therefore, as administrator of hockey-l, if someone wants to post a poll
and/or a response to a poll, that would be fine with me.  (hmm - I think
I feel those flames approaching now :-)).

Cheers

Tom Rowe  -  Hockey-L Administrator
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point