Sender:
From:
"Danish, Christian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 16:33:01 -0500
>>Mike, you are correct.  I didn't realize that Philbin had been given a DQ.
>>That's part of the reason why I was so upset last night -- It looked like
>>two
>>UNH DQ's for MC's one, and that would have been ridiculous.  It is
>>unfortunate
>>that Boguniecki picked up his DQ, but again, those are the rules.  I don't
>>think anyone can disagree with the call even though Bogey's intentions were
>>admirable.

      I totally agree, at the game they didn't announce (or I couldn't
hear) that both
      Merrimack players had received QD.  I was really upset after the
game because it looked
      like the situation was not handled well be the officials.  If this
is true then I don't really disagree with the
calls that were made even though there were no actual punches thrown by
either player.

    I was also one that said that the third period would be disaster,
but to my surprise it was very clean, but I don't think that the ref had
much to do with it.

>>I also didn't like that the referees did very little to break up Johnson and
>>Filipowicz until after DeGregorio and two uniformed police officers took the
>>ice.

It looked like a pro hockey fight, the lineman just stood there looking
at the two of them
while they rolled around on the ice.  I did not see any motions that
even looked like a punch by either player.  What does the actual rule
state as criteria for fighting?  and for leaving the bench during an
altercation?  I am curious to see the actual wording of the rules.

By the way, being my fist visit to Volpe I was expecting to freeze but
surprisingly I even took my jacket
off during the middle of the game.