Sender:
From:
"John M. Shaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:05:26 -0800
As we are in the middle of the early signing period I was curious what
the latest D1 Hockey scholarship rules were.  Last I read in College
Hockey Magazine (2 years ago) D1 Hockey teams are allowed a total of 18
total scholarships that can be divided among a total of 25 players in
any single season.  Is this still the rule?

I am told today that many HE schools are now making the 4 year full
scholarship more rare as they would prefer to take a number of players
as walk-ons and base scholarships on first year performance.  This
seems in the best interest of the coach.  I know that this was the case
with Mike Grier who obviously performed beyond initial expectations.

John Shaw