Sender:
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 15:03:43 EDT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
First, to the dozens of people who requested the feud summary, I'll be
sending that out tomorrow AM, so if anyone else wants it, let me know.
And since a couple of people asked, no, I am not going to post it;
as has been pointed out, the rivalry (at least the nasty part) is
hopefully going to die out and I'd rather not publicly refuel the fire.

I've become a big fan of Jim "Net Detective" Carey since he put Portland
back in position to win the Calder Cup (again!) before going up to play
for the Caps, but he should look at just who the HE goalies were drafted
by before making comments.  Maine goalies have been cursed by being
drafted into good systems: Scott King was in the Detroit system behind
an All-Star caliber goalie before deciding that persuing a medical degree
was more worthwhile than languishing in the minors.  Mike Dunham is in
the New Jersey system, which perhaps has the best goaltenders in the
NHL/AHL.  Garth Snow is in Quebec, just called up (according to a Pirates
broadcast last week) and he has been up and down in his year-plus career.
He probably won't see much action, since Quebec is battling for the best
record in the NHL and thats not a time when you go around switching your
goaltender...  Jim Carey had his way paved to the NHL when Calder Cup hero
Byron Dafoe was loaned to Phoenix and the two goalies in Washington

started to resemble Swiss Cheese.  I'm glad he's had a good start, but 15
games does not make a career nor make one an All-Star or Hall of Famer.

Last night I caught a glimpse of Prime Cuts on SportsChannel during a
commercial break of some event on CBS, and saw a profile of the UMaine
Hockey Alumni Association, also known as the Binghamton Rangers.  It
mostly dealt with the Ferraro Twins' signing with the Rangers after
going to Atlanta for the first part of the season.  Through 7 games with
Binghamton each twin has 8 points.  Also seen on the screen was Andy
Silverman, still sporting a smug grin.  :->

Thats all the news from here today.

JHF

"The sad thing about baseball coming back is that you Rotisserie Leaguers
finally had a chance to GET A LIFE!!!"   - The Fabulous Sports Babe