Sender:
From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 04:57:44 -0500
Darrin Lewis wrote:

>         Does anyone know what the number of subscribers hockey-l has during
> the season?

Wayne has written that there are over 1000 in addition to
redistribution lists.

>         My other question - this is not meant as a slight or an insult, I'm
> just curious - what is the makeup of hockey-l subscribers?  How many people
> are involved now (or ever) in coaching, administration or whatever related
> to hockey at any level.

Having read all of the recent discussion about the "sieve" chant, as
well as other similar discussions over the last 2+ years, it is
apparent that the connection of most members of the list to hockey is
through being present/former band members. :-).

Seriously, it surprises me how few members of Hockey-L are former
Div-1 hockey players.  I asked Mike Machnik this question recently and
he and John Haeussler came up with perhaps a half dozen names.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, 74