Sender:
From:
Steven Czuba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 10:04:20 -0500
Well I'm exhausted today - and all I had to do was sit there for all 5 1/40
periods and watch one of the greatest games I've seen in person. I have to
admit - and it's hard for me to do, that yesterday's game might indeed take
1st place over RPI's '85 3OT victory over MD. There I said it, I know longer
live in the past.

Phenominal 1st and 2nd OT's with good, no make that excellent scoring chances
on both sides. Michigan seemed to have the horses early, but as time wore on,
Maine seemed fresher and had the better play in OT. There's really no point on
commenting further on this game as it was a shame for anyone to lose and just
simply a perfect showcase for the sport of college hockey.

BTW, the teams did not change sides for any of the OT's. I had never heard
that rule and we couldn't figure it out at the time.

And Michigan did NOT hit a post in OT, the puck glanced off the inside of
Allison's arm and changed direction leading people to think it had hit the
post. No clang - that I heard anyway.

Also - my award for the most coordinated hockey fans goes to - Michigan.
Although after 100 minutes of listening to the '2nd highest rated' fight song
in college, I had to wonder if I'd ever get it out of my head.

BU - Maine ... Again ????

steve czuba
RPI 86